Yesterday I tied my studio and today was rainy and misty – the perfect combination for sitting down and finally drawing up my Tiny Eyes doll collaboration. See the other stages of the Emma Makes for Tiny Eyes project.
I ended up drawing the design up about three times – spending about three hours pottering away while listening to podcasts. Here’s the process happened…
I drew out the Tiny Eyes template and cracked open the art set that Santa gave me.
I drew a blunt bob for my doll – a challenge because Tiny Eyes dolls usually have round heads. I needed mine to fit pretty closely to the standard pattern but look obviously like a bob.
I outlined the hair in felt tip – I want it to be black or really dark brown. Seemed like a good idea to use felt tip at the time. But…
I love the look of beads and tidying up my studio I found these few beads that someone had given me. So I made the doll a cute little necklace.
I created an example of the petticoat and started to draw a floral dress. But… you can see here that I watercoloured the hair, which then made the felt bleed out. Not a huge fan so I started again.
Redo – creating the idea of a floral purple/ dark dress.
I added a fabric sample to show that it would look like in real life. I also added a brown belt.
A close up of dress and petticoat.
I hadn’t covered every pattern type known to man yet so drew spotted tights. And shoes with ribbons.
Last of all I added a bunch of written descriptions so that Dee (Tiny Eyes herself) would know what I intended – or what I was describing but not entirely wed to if she wanted to change it a bit in the making.
And now we wait… next time you see this project it will be as the actual Tiny Eyes doll. Exciting!